Rainbow Flag Raising: efforts encourage businesses and corporations countywide to fly the Pride Flag for the whole month of July.
Pride Festival: An inclusive and diverse celebration of the community that exemplifies our mission, vision, and values.The festival is the venue where a number of other programs come to life including the following:
- Partnerships including The Leather Realm, Get Tested Pavilion, Health Pavilion, Coffee Terrace, Art of Pride, Pride Green, Bisexual Forum, Transgender Space, Lambda Archives
- A lesbian health tent, providing education, prevention, and outreach for women's health issues,
- A Family Fun Zone for the children and parents of our community,
- A private, anonymous area at the festival where sobriety is celebrated with back-to-back meetings,
- The Senior Cool Zone is a place for 55+ to relax and enjoy friendship of others
- Farmer's Market, Carnival Games
- The Art of Pride exhibit, which showcases the talents of the LGBT artists in our community,
Community Services Programs
- Grant Funding: San Diego Pride has established grant-funding vehicles with the Foundation for Change and the Human Dignity Foundation that directly affect the LGBT communities in San Diego. $412,940 has been distributed through the Pride Funds to dozens of organizations.
- Direct Community Support: San Diego Pride directly supports community organizations by purchasing tickets, making charitable contributions, and sponsoring various events.
- Support of the San Diego LGBT Community Center: San Diego Pride acknowledges the importance of The Center to the entire LGBT community and remains committed to supporting its ongoing efforts.Over $614,451 has been distributed directly to the Center.
- Partnerships: San Diego Pride creates partnerships with community organizations enabling them to raise funds in exchange for their involvement in Pride events.
- Youth Pride: Creating safe and affirming opportunities for youth. Pride's Youth Organizer coordinates youth participation in all Pride programs.
- Youth Housing Project: A fund allocating money to support the Center's Youth Housing Project, which provides shelter and assistance to LGBT youth.
Pride Green - Environmental Impact programs
Reducing the environmental impact of San Diego Pride programs on Balboa Park and the community.
- Reforestation Program: Planting new trees in Balboa Park to provide a lush green park area for future generations.
- Recycling Program: In 2008 San Diego Pride recycled more than six tons of material and in 2009 this effort resulted in 8 tons of recyclables being diverted from the landfill.
- Free Shuttle Service: Encouraging event participants to reduce the amount of carbon emissions, the organization coordinates shuttle service from park-n-ride lots.
- Bike Valet: In an effort to take automobiles off the road, event attendees are encouraged to ride a bike and take advantage of free guarded bike parking.
HIV / AIDS Awareness
- Outreach: "Get Tested" campaign in June encouraging individuals to visit participating providers and get tested.
- Support:Providing free and confidential HIV testing at the festival as well as outreach and support for HIV/AIDS service organizations.