Attendees will learn about the severity and frequency of sexual assault and sex trafficking in LGBTQ communities, how to normalize SA/DV conversations, identify sexual violence warning signs, trauma-informed strategies to support survivors, crisis intervention methods, and more. Full curriculum below.
For Providers: $40*
For Students: $15*
For Community Members: $0 – $15
Registration for providers and students includes 5.0 CE’s for LMFT, LCSW, LEP, and LPCCs*
Crisis-intervention-trained staff will be on hand to help anyone who needs immediate support.
Costs are low or free to keep this education accessible. Please consider a larger contribution as all funds received are directly used to put on this conference.
2019 Schedule (5.0 CEs)
- 9:00 am: Registration & light breakfast
- 9:30 am : Welcoming remarks (15 min)
- 9:45 am: First Session (1 hr 30 min) 1.5 CEs/CEUs
- Sexual Violence in LGBQ+ Communities: Why should your services address sexual assault trauma?
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- 11:15 am: Break (15 min)
- 11:30 am: Survivor Panel (1 hr)
- 12:30 pm: Lunch (45 min)
- 1:15 pm: Keynote Address (30 min) 0.5 CEs/CEUs
- 1:45 pm: Second Session (1 hr 30 min) 1.5 CEs/CEUs
- Sexual Violence and the Trans and Nonbinary Community
- Building Strength and Resiliency
- 3:15 pm: Break (15 min)
- 3:30 pm: Third Session (1 hr 30 min) 1.5 CEs/CEUs
- Survivor Advocacy: Interactions With Legal, Law Enforcement, and Government Support Systems
- Empowering Survivors & Community Through Trauma Informed Care and Bystander Intervention
- 5:00 pm: Closing Plenary & feedback forms (30 min)
- 5:30 pm: End of Day
The San Diego LGBT Community Center, Center for Community Solutions, Gender Equity Center, San Diego Pride, North County Lifeline
*CEs provided for LMFTs, LCSW, LPCC, LEP through North County Lifeline at no cost.