Parking & Transportation
Getting here can be a struggle with so many of our friends trying to do the same. Make it easy on yourself by finding other, less stressful options.
- Bike or take a scooter to the festival and you can leave your transportation at the bike & scooter corral located at the corner of Balboa Dr. and El Prado.
- Take a ride share to the festival and get dropped off right at the entrance at the corner of Laurel St. and 6th Ave.
- Use our free parking lot located at the Old Naval Hospital (Park Blvd and Presidents Way) and then take our free shuttle to the parade and festival!
Parking & Shuttles
8 am to Midnight Catch a free ride to the Pride Festival from any of the free Old Naval Hospital parking lots (Park Blvd and Presidents Way)
Pride Accessibility Vans
ADA Accessible Vans are available on call at any Pride (Festival, Parade, Parking) Shuttle stop on Saturday, July 15 from 8 am to 12 midnight and Sunday, July 16 from 7 am to 10 pm. To hail an ADA Accessible van contact the Pride Volunteer at the Shuttle stop. Click here to learn more about accessibility and accessible transportation at Pride events.
Saturday, July 15 Pride Parade and Festival
FREE parking lots are available courtesy of San Diego Pride, both Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16 at the Old Naval Hospital at Park Boulevard and President’s Way.
- On Saturday, Shuttles to the Parade run continuously from 7 am to 3 pm.
- On Saturday, Shuttles to the Festival run continuously from 8 am to 12 midnight.
- On Saturday, Express Shuttles to the Parade from Parade Start to Pride Festival from Noon to 4 pm.
Pride Parade Route 7 am to 3 pm
- Catch a free ride from the Old Naval Hospital parking lots to the Pride Parade. The Shuttle will drop parade goers at Essex and Richmond Street, one block south of University Avenue.
Pride Festival Route 8 am to Midnight
- Catch a free ride from the Old Naval Hospital parking lots to the Pride Festival at Sixth Avenue and Juniper Street.
Festival Express 12 pm to 4 pm
- Catch a free ride from the Pride Parade to the entrance of the Pride Festival. Pick up the Shuttle at Essex and Richmond Street and get dropped off at Sixth Avenue and Juniper Street.
Sunday, July 16 Pride Festival
- On Sunday, Shuttles to the Festival run continuously from 8 am to 11 pm from the Old Naval Hospital parking lots.
Riders are encouraged to use their PRONTO app to travel to the event.
Youth with a registered PRONTO card or app account can also ride free with the Youth Opportunity Pass. Remember to tap or scan before every ride – even when you transfer between stops.
Senior/Disabled/Medicare: $1.25 one way $3.00 day pass.
Rapid 215 is a great option to get to all the Pride festivities:
- Service every 15 minutes or better throughout most of the day
- Last bus leaves downtown/Hillcrest (both directions) after midnight
- Direct service to University & Park Blvd. to catch the Parade
- Connect to the free Pride shuttle service at the Park Blvd. and Presidents Way. (Northbound stop: Park Blvd. and Naval Hospital. Southbound Stop: Park Blvd. and Inspiration Point Way)
Pride Parade Route
Ride directly to the parade route with routes 1, 3, 20, 11, and 120.
Catch routes 3 and 120 to 5th Ave & Laurel Street OR 4th Ave & Laurel Street for direct service to the festival entrance.
No Parking Zones
- Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot (3960 Normal St)
- University Ave (5th Ave to Park Blvd)
- Centre St (University Ave to Park Blvd)
- Normal St (University Ave to Washington St )
- Cleveland Ave (Richmond St to Washington St )
- Harvey Milk Way (Cleveland Ave to Centre St )
- Lincoln Ave (Washington St to Park Blvd)
- Polk Ave (Normal St to Park Blvd)
- Herbert St (University Ave to Robinson Ave)
- Essex St (Herbert St to Richmond St)
- Centre St (University Ave for half the block south)
- 6th Ave (University Ave to Upas St)
- Robinson Ave (5th Ave to 6th Ave)
- Evans Place (5th Ave. to 6th Ave.)
- Pennsylvania Ave (5th Ave to 6th Ave)
- Anderson Place (5th Ave to 6th Ave)
- Ivy Lane (5th Ave to 6th Ave)
- Upas St (5th Ave to 6th Ave)
- Balboa Dr in Balboa Park (6th Ave and Upas St to El
Friday, July 14th
Normal St. and Harvey Milk St. are closed starting at 6am
Saturday, July 15th
The following streets will be closed at 5 am and will reopen by 4 pm
- Centre Street (University Avenue to Park Boulevard)
- Normal Street (University Avenue to Washington Street)
- Cleveland Avenue (Richmond Street to Washington Street)
- Harvey Milk Way (Cleveland Avenue to Centre Street)
- Lincoln Avenue (Washington Street to Park Boulevard)
- The Quince Street exit off 163 North will be closed at 6 am and will reopen by 4 pm
- The University Avenue exit off 163 South will be reduced to one lane and right turn only onto University Avenue (west bound) at 6 am and will reopen by 4 pm
The following streets will be closed at 6:30 am and will reopen by 4 pm
- University Avenue (5th Avenue to Park Boulevard)
- Herbert Street (University Avenue to Robinson Avenue)
- Essex Street (Herbert Street to Richmond Street)
- Centre Street (University Avenue for half the block south)
- 6th Avenue (University Avenue to Upas Street)
- Robinson Avenue (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Evans Place (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Pennsylvania Avenue (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Anderson Place (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Ivy Lane (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Upas Street (5th Avenue to 6th Avenue)
- Balboa Drive in Balboa Park (6th Avenue and Upas Street to El Prado)